Why Does Your Facilitative Mediation Style Work?
- It’s a proven process to bring a resolution process to end the chaos & stress of litigation.
- Each party (yes the actual litigants rather than solely their lawyers) gets the chance to express their concerns, needs, priorities and interests in a calm and temperate environment.
- Mediation properly conducted can be that circuit breaker to end protracted and stress disputes and costly litigation.
- Mediation brings to the forefront the focus on getting both parties to acknowledge the mutual interests in achieving a resolution.
- I have been a active participant in a wide range of mediations well and poorly managed and have drawn on this experience and formal learning to frame a solution based style.
I encourage parties to provide me with outlines of disputes and parties’ interests and concerns at least 3 days prior to mediation to maximise my understanding of the fundamental basis of the dispute.